One of the recent trends in government is to convey a sense of accountability and fiscal responsibility to its constituents. To this end, the State of Nevada and Aeris Enterprises, Inc. partnered in implementing the Nevada Open Government website (http://open.nv.gov). This is the state’s answer to promoting financial transparency, by showing taxpayers where their money is being spent.
- A simplified, online means for viewing the state’s adopted budget, and the resulting spending against it
- Links to executive budget charts and graphs that communicate key economic indicators at a glance (Unemployment Rates, Home Prices Index, New Home Construction stats)
- Detailed statistics about state contracts, grants and expenditures
- Position and salary data for state employees
- Federal funding received by the state from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Capability to “drill down” on a specific budget line item to view all supporting detail
- Links to other relevant transparency sites